unDE 0.2.0 - unusual command line and keybar

FreeSlave via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 30 03:20:40 PST 2017

On Monday, 30 January 2017 at 03:10:28 UTC, unDEFER wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 January 2017 at 23:57:30 UTC, FreeSlave wrote:
>> On Sunday, 29 January 2017 at 19:00:30 UTC, unDEFER wrote:
>
>> Very interesting concept (Probably it's not new, but I never
>> actually used file managers like this). It looks you put much
>> love and effort in it. Damn, you even made packages for many
>> different Linux distros! (I'm always lazy when things come to
>> packaging, so I'm just amazed that you made so many).
>
> Thank you
>
>> Why did you not give a link to github repo? I had to search it
>> myself https://github.com/unDEFER/unde
>
> Because it is only mirror and I update it only on releases.
>
>> How can I build and run unde myself? I built it via dub build
>> and installed ttf-ancient-fonts, but it still throws exception
>> when I try to run ./unde:
>> object.Exception at source/unde/font.d(714): TTF_OpenFont:
>> Couldn't open
>> /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ancient-scripts/Symbola_hint.ttf
>
> Look source/unde/font.d, there is many "versions" where may be
> installed these fonts. If you find your paths you can use 'dub
> build -c "Version"'.
> Else you can add own or make symbolic links.
>
> Also you can say your distro and maybe the next time I will
> make package for you.

I'm on Debian 8. I rebuilt it with same options as provided
deb-package and it works now. Though it shows many errors on
launch:

Can't load
/home/freeslave/git_projects/unde/images/clear_errors.png:
Invalid renderer
Can't load /home/freeslave/git_projects/unde/images/exit.png:
Invalid renderer
Can't load /home/freeslave/git_projects/unde/images/remove.png:
Invalid renderer
Can't load /home/freeslave/git_projects/unde/images/rescan.png:
Invalid renderer
Can't load /home/freeslave/git_projects/unde/images/deselect.png:
Invalid renderer
Can't load /home/freeslave/git_projects/unde/images/gomark.png:
Invalid renderer
Can't load /home/freeslave/git_projects/unde/images/sort.png:
Invalid renderer
Can't load
/home/freeslave/git_projects/unde/images/create_directory.png:
Invalid renderer
Can't load /home/freeslave/git_projects/unde/images/copy.png:
Invalid renderer
Can't load /home/freeslave/git_projects/unde/images/move.png:
Invalid renderer
Can't load /home/freeslave/git_projects/unde/images/mark.png:
Invalid renderer
Can't load /home/freeslave/git_projects/unde/images/terminal.png:
Invalid renderer

Same when installed from deb package, but different path
(/usr/share/unde/images)