D IDE Coedit - version 3 beta 3

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 30 23:51:01 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 31 January 2017 at 07:23:24 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> On Monday, 30 January 2017 at 23:32:12 UTC, dminded wrote:
>> Ok, the debugger also works if i write a bit more then just a
>> 'writeln' into main.
>>
>> How can i set breakpoints? If i click on the left side of a
>> row, a little red dot appears.
>
> This means that GDB cannot set the breakpoint. checkout
> options/debugger to enable all the options starting with
> "show..." You'll get the raw GDB output in the messages and
> you'll see what happens under the hood when you click in the
> gutter.
>
>> But the debugger seems to ignore it and instead every
>> statement is a breakpoint. I also can not find a "step out of
>> function" button.
>
> Commands that are not in the toolbar can be typed in the field
> at the bottom. So check out the manual an for the MI syntax to
> do this and type it. Normally all break reasons are handled by
> the interpreter.

By the way there can be a syncronization issue between the
breakpoint database and the editor cache (both store the
breakpoints).

In this case open

/home/<your account>/.config/Coedit/breakpoints.txt and delete
the right item.

For example now mine is

object TPersistentBreakPoints
   items = <
     item
       filename =
'/home/basile/Dev/dproj/kheops/runnable/default_alignment.d'
       line = 187
       kind = bpkBreak
     end
     item
       filename =
'/home/basile/Dev/dproj/kheops/runnable/default_alignment.d'
       line = 191
       kind = bpkBreak
     end>
end

let's say that the second break is invalid:

object TPersistentBreakPoints
   items = <
     item
       filename =
'/home/basile/Dev/dproj/kheops/runnable/default_alignment.d'
       line = 187
       kind = bpkBreak
     end>
end

_____

Also don't miss the cool feature: runnables modules can be
debugged.
In the toolbar there's a menu attached to the "power switch"
icon. You can select in this menu if GDB has to start the
runnable for the source that has the focus or the project.

_____

GDB commander doc is not yet written.