Work on ARM backend for DMD started

solidstate1991 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 3 16:16:07 PDT 2017

While I currently don't have an ARM based hardware that would be
easy to develop on, I'm planning to use QEMU to emulate some form
of ARMv6 CPU, as it'll be the main target, as it's still being
used in devices like the Raspberry Pi. ARMv5 is being considered
if it doesn't need a lot of work, although I don't see a lot of
reason behind doing it besides of the possibility of enabling the
development of homebrew GBA, NDS, GP32, etc stuff.

As I became unemployed recently, I have a lot more time for
development, so time now isn't an issue. Or at least until I find
a job, which is hard due to my state as a college student, which
I'm on the verge of losing it.

I would accept your input on various things, like if I should do
some adjustments to the in-line assembly stuff, whether I should
care about thumb (reduced size instruction set, not available on
some newer targets) or not, etc. Got my hands on some official
reference manual, it wouldn't hurt if I could research other ones
too.