Work on ARM backend for DMD started

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 4 09:21:49 PDT 2017

On Monday, 3 July 2017 at 23:16:07 UTC, solidstate1991 wrote:
> While I currently don't have an ARM based hardware that would
> be easy to develop on, I'm planning to use QEMU to emulate some
> form of ARMv6 CPU, as it'll be the main target, as it's still
> being used in devices like the Raspberry Pi.

Nice initiative.

Let me still point out the obvious, we already do have working
ARM backends from both gdc and ldc.
https://gdcproject.org/downloads
https://wiki.dlang.org/LDC#ARM

If you're interested in spending that amount of time into ARM
development, you might find improving bare-metal ARM support for
embedded systems (noeabi) or AARCH64 support of druntime/phobos
equally interesting projects with a bit more impact.