Go Your Own Way (Part One: The Stack)

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 7 18:51:36 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 8 July 2017 at 01:28:59 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 7/7/2017 4:35 PM, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
>> It's an intrinsic in LDC. We can certainly drop the per
>> platform and move to a per compiler definition instead.
>
> It's already there under:
>
>     version (DigitalMars)

I read this as CRuntime_DigitalMars, which prompted a search that
led me to a page at MSDN on _alloca, which gave me a compiler
error when I prototyped it, which led to my prototyping alloca
for CRuntime_Microsoft and finding success, which has now
confirmed my worry that publishing without a review was a bad
idea. I've updated the post. Thanks!