Hiring D programmers (with cryptography and blockchain knowledge are preferred)

Vitor Rozsas via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 14 08:01:39 PDT 2017

On Friday, 14 July 2017 at 14:37:56 UTC, Vitor Rozsas wrote:
> On Friday, 14 July 2017 at 14:23:49 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>>>
>>> A transaction would simply change the owner of the cents and
>>> not create any message in the database.
>>> Change the owner by changing the values (owner) of the keys
>>> (cents) being transferred.
>>
>> Blockchains work by making the entire history available to be
>> verified and computed against. This is entirely its selling
>> point.
>> So no, a block chain can never be fixed sized.
>>
>> After all, how do you know that X owns the coin and not just
>> some random node trying to corrupt and steal every bodies
>> coins?
>
> But it's so expensive... Soon, bitcoin will have a whole
> terabyte to be downloaded... So, no deal?
> That's sad.

I was thinking of doing something big... An operating system?
With everything that a user could desire of?
Big projects are necessary, for D to get more... known (and
therefore, more used).

A phone OS (ARM)?

I heard that DMD will accept ARM very soon. While that doesn't
happen, there are other compilers for ARM... So a phone OS could
be interesting.
A phone OS written in D.

There are kernels done in D already.
But I don't think they are as complete as Linux's for example.