Hiring D programmers (with cryptography and blockchain knowledge are preferred)

Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 14 11:10:22 PDT 2017

On Friday, 14 July 2017 at 15:21:09 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
[...]
> Scale your dreams back a bit.
>
> If you want to put money into anything here is my list:
>
> 1. Get shared libraries 100% working, with clear articles on
> how to use it, on every platform.
> 2. std.experimental.color, it seems Manu is stalled
> 3. std.experimental.image, ok ok, this one is mine but its
> about time we get the damn interfaces standardized in Phobos!
> 4. GUI widget rendering library, GUI widget != GUI toolkit
> (think just rendering a single control), basically handles
> rendering + accessibility.
>
> These are not big projects, but they would go a long way to
> getting any thing really "cool".
> Keep in mind, money talks. Getting the right people available
> to work on a project full time for a few months would really
> speed a lot of this stuff up.
>
> There is also other stuff like a bidi library, font rasterizer
> and other more useful infrastructure projects that actually has
> a chance of being completed.
>
> Depending on how far you want to go, my list alone is a few
> years worth of work for a 3-5 people team.

What about the following idea:
We extend DUB (the website) with a direct link for a paypal
donation for every package. If a certain minimum amount is in,
the D Foundation organizes the funding of the ongoing development?

Regards mt.