Hiring D programmers (with cryptography and blockchain knowledge are preferred)

rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 14 21:13:56 PDT 2017

On 14/07/2017 7:10 PM, Martin Tschierschke wrote:
> On Friday, 14 July 2017 at 15:21:09 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> [...]
>> Scale your dreams back a bit.
>>
>> If you want to put money into anything here is my list:
>>
>> 1. Get shared libraries 100% working, with clear articles on how to
>> use it, on every platform.
>> 2. std.experimental.color, it seems Manu is stalled
>> 3. std.experimental.image, ok ok, this one is mine but its about time
>> we get the damn interfaces standardized in Phobos!
>> 4. GUI widget rendering library, GUI widget != GUI toolkit (think just
>> rendering a single control), basically handles rendering + accessibility.
>>
>> These are not big projects, but they would go a long way to getting
>> any thing really "cool".
>> Keep in mind, money talks. Getting the right people available to work
>> on a project full time for a few months would really speed a lot of
>> this stuff up.
>>
>> There is also other stuff like a bidi library, font rasterizer and
>> other more useful infrastructure projects that actually has a chance
>> of being completed.
>>
>> Depending on how far you want to go, my list alone is a few years
>> worth of work for a 3-5 people team.
>
> What about the following idea:
> We extend DUB (the website) with a direct link for a paypal donation for
> every package. If a certain minimum amount is in, the D Foundation
> organizes the funding of the ongoing development?
>
> Regards mt.

That is a service, which D Foundation shouldn't be offering.

Anyway, they don't have enough money to do that.
Somebody needs to come in and foot the bill, otherwise this type of
infrastructure code is all on peoples own time and desire.