New library: open multi-methods

Jay Norwood via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 17 19:22:15 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 at 00:47:04 UTC, Jean-Louis Leroy wrote:
> I don't know R but after a trip to Wikipedia it looks like it.
>
> J-L

R is listed as one of the languages with built-in support in this
wiki link.  I searched for  multiple dispatch because I was
familiar with the similar feature in julia, and that's how they
refer to it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_dispatch

An excerpt statement from this wiki page is :
"  dynamically dispatched based on the run-time (dynamic) type
or, in the more general case some other attribute, of more than
one of its arguments"

Based on the 'some other attribute', I wonder if the library
could conceivably be extended to dispatch based on the User
Defined Attribute info

https://dlang.org/spec/attribute.html

@('c') string s;
pragma(msg, __traits(getAttributes, s)); // prints tuple('c')