New library: open multi-methods

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 18 09:57:30 PDT 2017

On 07/18/2017 12:06 AM, Jean-Louis Leroy wrote:

 > Yes I will probably write something. You mean on the D Blog?

Not necessarily but why not. :)

https://github.com/jll63/methods.d/blob/master/benchmarks/source/benchmarks.d#L122
 > but I still have to implement the "first argument optimization". I am
 > working on it.

I could use some explanation for the results but I can for the blog
article. ;)

It's not surprising that ldc (and gdc) can be much better than dmd in
optimization.

By the way, I'm in awe of your D skills in such a short time! I'm sure
there are parts of the code that can be cleaned up but it's taking
advantage of many powerful features of the language. I still think the
usage can be made easier but I'm not sure yet. I hope others will take a
look at the code and come up with an easier interface. Perhaps they are
all needed but I'm thinking about the need for forward declaration, the
need for the underscore prefix, etc.

Ali