New library: open multi-methods

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 19 08:58:05 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 19 July 2017 at 15:33:28 UTC, jmh530 wrote:

> Yes. I haven't tried something like that, but it seems like a
> use case for either static this or shared static this.
>
> https://dlang.org/spec/class.html#StaticConstructor
> https://dlang.org/spec/class.html#SharedStaticConstructor

Based on some of your README.md text, you may need to do static
this rather than shared static this for what I suggested. I don't
really know, but worth investigating.

I liked Ali's suggestion for mixin updateMethods. Again, not sure
if it should be static this or shared static this, but if you
have static this for registerMethods, then a shared static this
for updateMethods may occur before that. I'm not sure how
important the order is.