Release D 2.075.0

Patrick Schluter via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 20 00:19:03 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 19 July 2017 at 19:34:44 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 July 2017 at 15:36:22 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:

>> [...]
>
> Wow, dmd builds in 12 seconds on a single linux/x64 core, can't
> wait to see what that time is when the backend is in D too,
> especially since it's taking most of the compile time now.
>
> Thanks to those involved for all the work on the release.

version 2.067 that still had the C++ frontend took more than 100
seconds. I think if the backend is translated to D, building the
compiler will take not more than 2 seconds.
To put it in perspective, building gcc with only C and C++
support takes around 15 minutes on my machine and clang+llvm is
ridiculously slow to compile with not far from 1 hour compilation.
Ok, these projects are much, much bigger but that doesn't change
the fact that C++ is slow to compile.