Boston D Meetup: Strawman Structs

Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 21 17:49:53 PDT 2017

On Friday, 21 July 2017 at 21:55:01 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
>> I'll have a short presentation on a weird trick I discovered
>> while writing some MySQL serialization code. Hope you can
>> attend!
>>
>> https://www.eventbrite.com/e/d-lang-presentation-strawman-structs-tickets-35120523431
>
> I've set up a live stream for this. No guarantees of the
> quality, it will be audio + slideshow.
>
> Waiting for people to arrive, so probably won't start until at
> least 6:30.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxzczSDaobw
>
> -Steve

Great talk! It seems great mids think alike, I will be using this
to implement OpenCL's horrible getInfo.
https://github.com/libmir/dcompute/blob/master/source/dcompute/driver/ocl120/util.d#L36
https://github.com/libmir/dcompute/blob/master/source/dcompute/driver/ocl120/device.d#L67

Regarding the inferred attribute problem with the concepts like
Straw-man usage, this should not be a problem with my attributes
DIP, since all special attributes become normal attributes and
you could just have an AliasSeq of the required values.