Release D 2.075.0

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 24 16:25:50 PDT 2017

On Monday, 24 July 2017 at 22:15:16 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
> One thing to watch out for, though, is that if the D frontend
> starts using features introduced after its conversion to D, we
> are going to need to explicitly document the bootstrapping path
> (right now it's still simple enough with `C++ compiler -> D
> compiler with 2.068.2 frontend (e.g. ldc 0.17.x) -> Latest D
> compiler`).

We're using the latest previous major release line to build
releases, so 2.068.x build 2.069.x, builds 2.070.x, ..., builds
2.075.0. You might get away with skipping versions, but that's
not how the releases were built.
Bootstrapping the compiler to run on new architectures requires
cross-compliation, but it's less of an interest than
cross-compiling for a different architecture.