Boston D Meetup: Strawman Structs

Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 25 03:15:43 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 25 July 2017 at 09:50:46 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> On Sunday, 2 July 2017 at 10:35:49 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
> wrote:
>> I'll have a short presentation on a weird trick I discovered
>> while writing some MySQL serialization code. Hope you can
>> attend!
>>
>> https://www.eventbrite.com/e/d-lang-presentation-strawman-structs-tickets-35120523431
>>
>> -Steve
>
> Is there a written summary of the idea? Or is there a specific
> point in the video someone could point me to?

Basically using structs to describe layouts (among other
relations) and in turn use that to drive DbI automated code. The
DbI is the only "code" the rest is declarative using the type
system.

Steven was using it to describe what columns ( name and type) a
query should return from a DB and the using DbI to generate the
Query.