Update to Bare Metal STM32F4 (ARM Cortex-M4) LCD Demo Proof of Concept

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 26 05:50:15 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 20 July 2017 at 12:23:31 UTC, Mike wrote:
> A few years ago I created a bare metal demo on an ARM Cortex-M4
> microcontroller entirely in D.  It was just a demonstration
> that one could do bare metal programming for microcontrollers
> in D without any dependencies on C or assembly.  It was also a
> proof of some ideas I had about leveraging compile-time
> features of D to generate highly-optimized code (both small and
> fast) for these resource constrained systems.  I hit a wall,
> however, with Issue 14758[0], and ultimately abandoned D for
> other alternatives.
>
> Well, that issue was recently fixed in GDC [1].  In addition,
> he GDC developers did some work to reduce the number of phony
> stubs one had to add to the runtime to get a build [2], removed
> the "shared is volatile" hack, and implemented the
> `volatileLoad/Store` intrinsics so I no longer need to do
> volatile access in assembly.  So, I decided to give it another
> try, and updated that demo. You can see the results at
> https://github.com/JinShil/stm32f42_discovery_demo

Congratulations, Mike.

https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/6pn31c/d_on_bare_metal_stm32f4_redux/

Could someone post to Hacker News?  I don't have enough rep for
it to propagate.