DMD library available as DUB package

Johan Engelen via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 31 08:31:23 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 30 July 2017 at 23:41:40 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 at 12:07:27 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> During the dconf hackathon I set out to create a DUB package
>> for DMD to be used as a library. This has finally been merged
>> [1] and is available here [2]. It contains the lexer and the
>> parser.
>
> This is great news of course!
>
> But I have some bad news ;-)
> Now that the Lexer nicely separated, it is very easy for me to
> testdrive libFuzzer+AddressSanitizer on the lexer and... Expect
> many bug reports in the next days.

OK, this wasn't entirely fair.
1. I didn't read the API: the buffer needs to be null-terminated.
2. With a fix [1] to prevent reading beyond the input buffer, I
have yet to find a new bug.

The fuzzer is running now... I wonder how long it takes to find
the next bug, if any.

-Johan

[1] https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7050