DIP 1003 (Remove body as a Keyword) Accepted!

MysticZach via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 2 21:56:40 PDT 2017

On Friday, 2 June 2017 at 14:17:10 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> Congratulations are in order for Jared Hanson. Walter and
> Andrei have approved his proposal to remove body as a keyword.
> I've added a summary of their decision to the end of the DIP
> for anyone who cares to read it. In short:
>
> * body temporarily becomes a contextual keyword and is
> deprecated
> * do is immediately allowed in its place
> * body is removed and do replaces it fully
>
> Congratulations, Jared!
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/DIP1003.md

Yes, congratulations are in order. Although those of us who were
questioning the need for any keyword at all in `body`s place may
be a little disappointed that it has merely been replaced with
`do`, I think no one can doubt the main thrust of the DIP, which
is that `body` is an incredibly useful identifier, and that
having it newly available makes D a better language.

Also, I've been following the forums for several years now, and
this is the first DIP that I know of that was not written by the
language authors, and yet was still accepted into the language.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems like a real landmark!

Also Mike Parker seems to be doing a very good job in his
appointed position as DIP manager.