DIP 1003 (Remove body as a Keyword) Accepted!

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 3 02:11:58 PDT 2017

On Friday, June 02, 2017 23:44:21 H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 03, 2017 at 04:56:40AM +0000, MysticZach via
> Digitalmars-d-announce wrote: [...]
>
> > Yes, congratulations are in order. Although those of us who were
> > questioning the need for any keyword at all in `body`s place may be a
> > little disappointed that it has merely been replaced with `do`, I
> > think no one can doubt the main thrust of the DIP, which is that
> > `body` is an incredibly useful identifier, and that having it newly
> > available makes D a better language.
>
> [...]
>
> Yes, count me somewhat disappointed at merely changing `body` to `do`.
> But at least it's better than nothing, and frees as `body` as an
> identifier instead of a keyword that's only ever used in a single
> context. And it's marginally shorter to type. :-D

I cared far more about getting rid of the need for a keyword there than
freeing up body, so I'm not sure that I care much about this change
(particularly since I rarely deal with cases where I'd use body as a
variable name), but it's still good that body was freed up.

- Jonathan M Davis