DIP 1003 (Remove body as a Keyword) Accepted!

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 3 09:53:03 PDT 2017

> On 6/2/17 10:17 AM, Mike Parker wrote:
>> Congratulations are in order for Jared Hanson. Walter and Andrei have
>> approved his proposal to remove body as a keyword. I've added a
>> summary of their decision to the end of the DIP for anyone who cares
>> to read it. In short:
>>
>> * body temporarily becomes a contextual keyword and is deprecated
>> * do is immediately allowed in its place
>> * body is removed and do replaces it fully
>>
>> Congratulations, Jared!
>>
>> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/DIP1003.md
>
> Congrats to all who worked on this. Next step is to revise the DIP that
> puts the approved option to the fore and mentions the others only as
> other options that have been analyzed. This is because we have an
> "Approved" status but not "Approved Option X". Thanks! -- Andrei

Sorry, was looking at a stale copy. I think the DIP is fine as is. The
previously discussed options are available as earlier revisions of the
DIP. -- Andrei