Dynamic binding to the Mono runtime API

Jakub Szewczyk via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 3 10:30:05 PDT 2017

Mono runtime is a cross-platform, open-source alternative to
Microsoft's .NET framework [1], and it can be embedded in other
applications as a "scripting" VM, but with JIT-compilation
enhanced performance and support of many languages such as C#, F#
or IronPython [2].
It provides a C API, so I've bound it to D as a Derelict-based
project, available at https://github.com/kubasz/derelict-mono,
and as a DUB package
(http://code.dlang.org/packages/derelict-mono). It currently
wraps the Mono 5.0 API.
There's also a simple example of calling a C# main from D code,
and C# code calling a native function implemented in D.

PS: Because I don't own a Mac I have no idea what the correct
paths to the Mono shared library are, so it'd be great if someone
could post/create a PR of them.

[1] http://www.mono-project.com/
[2] http://www.mono-project.com/docs/advanced/embedding/scripting/