Release D 2.074.1

Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 3 12:31:51 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 3 June 2017 at 19:02:36 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 June 2017 at 18:42:57 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> So, I guess your problem is the VERSION file on the dmd stable
>> branch?
>
> No, it's the VERSION file present if one checks out the
> v2.074.1 tag.

Tags are only made from the stable branch.

> I suspect this doesn't show up in the official packages because
> IIRC the VERSION file is edited as part of the standard
> official-package build process.

Yes.

> The point is here that this keeps happening.  Assuming a
> VERSION file is considered necessary at all (I believe the
> intent is to support people using a tarball of the source
> rather than a git checkout), it shouldn't be possible for a
> release to be made without it containing the correct version
> number.

Well, as mentioned minor point releases have never been changed
in the git repo before:

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/commits/stable/VERSION

So I'm not sure how necessary it is.
Anyhow, the interesting bits are here: