DIP 1003 (Remove body as a Keyword) Accepted!

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 3 16:10:00 PDT 2017

On Saturday, June 03, 2017 17:16:52 Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-
announce wrote:
> On 2017-06-02 16:17, Mike Parker wrote:
> > Congratulations are in order for Jared Hanson. Walter and Andrei have
> > approved his proposal to remove body as a keyword. I've added a summary
> > of their decision to the end of the DIP for anyone who cares to read it.
> > In short:
> >
> > * body temporarily becomes a contextual keyword and is deprecated
> > * do is immediately allowed in its place
> > * body is removed and do replaces it fully
> >
> > Congratulations, Jared!
> >
> > https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/DIP1003.md
>
> That's great.
>
> BTW, didn't we use to vote on the DIPs, or was that only for new Phobos
> modules?

Only new Phobos modules. DIPs have been discussed quite a bit in the
newsgroup, but their decision process has never been democratic. It's always
been a matter of talking Walter into it, which has usually led to stuff
never going anywhere when we haven't had a process for it with someone
organizing it. Previously, I think that most DIPs that got implemented were
something that Walter was personally interested in, or you managed to
convince him in person. What Dicebot and Mike have done with DIPs has
changed things drastically, but it's still completely up to Walter and
Andrei.

- Jonathan M Davis