Release D 2.074.1

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 5 11:18:55 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 3 June 2017 at 18:08:40 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
wrote:
> On Thursday, 1 June 2017 at 21:04:00 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> This point release fixes a few issues over 2.074.0, see the
>> changelog for more details.
>
> I'm afraid that the release has another fault: the VERSION file
> still gives 2.074.0.  This means that unless it is edited
> during the build process, the compiler will report the wrong
> version number when `dmd --version` is invoked.

All those VERSION files are a mess, in particular the dmd VERSION
file currently gets updated at a different point than the
dlang.org VERSION files.
I'd like to get rid of them all and exclusively use git tags, but
there are too many other use cases.
Updated the release script to update the dmd VERSION file after a
release.

Guess it would help a bit if we bumped the dmd development
version WITH the release instead of AFTER the release. Would also
match what git describe does, which might be the saner version
anyhow.
Should we try to change that for 2.075.0?