Compile-Time Sort in D

Jon Degenhardt via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 7 18:08:42 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 7 June 2017 at 20:59:50 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 at 01:08:45 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> On Monday, 5 June 2017 at 17:54:05 UTC, Jon Degenhardt wrote:
>>

>>> Very nice post!
>>
>> Thanks! If it gets half as many page views as yours did, I'll
>> be happy. Yours is the most-viewed post on the blog -- over
>> 1000 views more than #2 (my GC post), and 5,000 more than #3
>> (A New Import Idiom).
>
> I was surprised it's so popular, as the proggit thread didn't
> do that great, but it did well on HN and I now see it inspired
> more posts for Rust (written by bearophile, I think) and Go, in
> addition to the Nim post linked here before:
>
> https://users.rust-lang.org/t/faster-command-line-tools-in-d-rust/10992
> https://aadrake.com/posts/2017-05-29-faster-command-line-tools-with-go.html

I was surprised as well, pleasantly of course. Using a simple
example may have helped. Personally, I'm not bothered by the
specific instances of negative feedback on Reddit. It's hard to
write a post that manages to avoid that sort of thing entirely.
It was also nice to see related follow-up in the D forums ("how
to count lines fast" and "std.csv Performance Review"). It's less
if the case for how well suited D's facilities are for the type
of problem came across. It's much more clear in the Compile-Time
Sort post.

--Jon