Compile-Time Sort in D

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 9 07:49:10 PDT 2017

On Friday, 9 June 2017 at 12:15:50 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
>  [it] can use the *actual* i/o routines [at compile-time] you
> would use at runtime is pretty impressive.
>
> Stefan would have a field day with this power :)
>
> -Steve

Infact I think this would scale pretty badly.
I do not want to debug some ctfe which loads dlls and does god
what to the environment.
Even the restricted form of ctfe D supports is pretty hard to get
right.
If I'd had to worry about an interface to runtime code I'd be a
little unhappy.