tanya 0.6.0, new containers

Eugene Wissner via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 9 11:54:12 PDT 2017

Dear community,

there is a new release of my gc-free library, tanya. I don't
announce each release, so I want to tell short about the latest
development and plans for the next releases.

The most work in the last time was done on containers. These were
added:

- DList - Doubly-linked list.
- String - UTF-8 string.
- Set - The first version of hash based container that holds
unique values without a particular order. Currently supports only
integral values. Support for more types comes in the next release.
- Vector was renamed to Array.

The containers support ranges.

tanya.memory.types:
- Some bug fixes in RefCounted
- New Scoped - allocator-aware object wrapper, that destroys the
owned object at the end of the scope.

The work on the containers will be continued. I also started to
rethink the networking and the event loop parts of my library.
Trying to extend it I discovered some flaws. So it is a further
area, I'm working to provide a more complete networking solution.

And it can be that multi-threading will come sooner than I
planned originally.

And I introduced a short release cycle for the first time: 3
weeks (But I won't flood the forum each time :)). And from now on
I'm trying to deprecate features at least for one release before
breaking the code to stabilize the code base a bit.

https://github.com/caraus-ecms/tanya
http://code.dlang.org/packages/tanya
https://docs.caraus.io/tanya/