D for Android beta

Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 10 21:15:13 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 1 June 2017 at 19:31:28 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> The beta release of ldc 1.3, the llvm-based D compiler, is now
> out:
>
> https://github.com/joakim-noah/android/releases

---snip---
> I will write up instructions on how to write an Android app in
> D _on_ your Android device by using ldc and the Termux app, and
> get ldc into the Termux packages, a package repository for
> Android:
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux&hl=en

I've now put up a deb file at the first release link above that
you can install in the Termux app, the result of this PR to get
ldc into the Termux package repository for Android:

https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/pull/1078

Try the deb file out by installing the Termux app, then running
the following commands:

apt install clang curl
curl -L -O
https://github.com/joakim-noah/android/releases/download/tea/ldc_1.3.0_arm.deb
dpkg -i ldc
ldc2 --version

Once ldc gets into the Termux package repository, all you'll need
to run is "apt install ldc".  Finally, try to build your favorite
D file:

ldc2 sieve.d