Generalized Linear Models and Stochastic Gradient Descent in D

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 12 07:46:30 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 11 June 2017 at 15:57:14 UTC, Ilya wrote:

> It uses mir-blas and mir-lapack packages. They are low level
> and satisfy betterC requirements. Mir is a libraries collection
> to write more high level easy to use libraries. Mir should
> provide basic data types, patterns, and low level API.
>
> Lubeck is high level library for scripting like programming. I
> like that it is located at Kaleidic GitHub. It is very
> important for D to have successful open source commercial
> projects. mir-blas, mir-lapack, and Lubeck are sponsored by
> Symmetry Investments and Kaleidic Associates. Another example
> is ASDF by Tamedia Digital. BTW, I need to write announce )

Thanks. This will definitely be a very useful library. Your
write-up might explain the meaning of the name.

Also, as you haven't done the announce yet, I'm still a little
unsure about how high level Lubeck will get. For instance, if I
write some Matrix math heavy code, then it's going to have mtimes
all throughout it. I think there was some discussion in the past
about a struct with opBinary overloaded (at which point it may be
useful to point out that a DIP to add some more things that
opBinary could overload might be useful).