Revised DIP Info

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 12 10:51:05 PDT 2017

Now that I've got a few DIP reviews under my belt, I've got a
good enough handle on the process to lay it out in documentation
form. To that end [1], I've kept the general structure that
Dicebot initially set down, changing the details to better
reflect my view of how it should all work (I still need to update
the existing DIPs to reflect a couple of changes). I've also
revised Dicebot's guidelines on DIP writing [2]. Much of his
original advice is still there. That document is sure to evolve.

Feedback on all of this is welcome.

While I have your attention, Sebastian recently revived an old
DIP on in-place struct initialization. I invite everyone to come
and give feedback on that [3], but *please* read the updated
README before doing so, particularly the section titled 'Review
Process' so you can fully understand what's expected of reviews
at this stage of the process (what I now call the 'Draft Review'
stage). I haven't looked at it yet, but I expect to do so next
week.

I still need to review the recent updates to Zach Tollen's
proposal [4] (Improve Contract Usability), and if all checks out
I'll be merging it as DIP 1009. You can expect the first review
round shortly thereafter.

[1] https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/README.md
[2] https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/GUIDELINES.md
[3] https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/71