Lubeck: Hight Level Linear Algebra for Dlang

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 15 07:23:29 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 15 June 2017 at 13:44:33 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
> On Thursday, 15 June 2017 at 12:22:25 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 13 June 2017 at 08:26:20 UTC, 9il wrote:
>>> [1] http://code.dlang.org/packages/lubeck
>>> https://github.com/kaleidicassociates/lubeck/tree/master/example
>>
>> Nice.
>>
>> Will there be any matrix, vector, scalar, types with operator
>> overloads?
>
> I'm guessing such a solution is not generic enough partly
> because D cannot define non-member operator overloads and
> partly because the algorithms operates on ranges.

mir.ndslice.slice has CanonicalMatrix/ContinguousMatrix, and
similar versions for vectors and tensors and all the algorithms
that operate on ranges in mir seem to work fine with them.

Ilya has expressed his intention in the past for higher level
abstractions on mir, including operator overloading. I brought up
the operator overloading issue on the gradient descent thread:
https://forum.dlang.org/post/ohjsuphzuapaxktgwfsp@forum.dlang.org