DCompute is now in the master branch of LDC

bioinfornatics via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 19 01:24:09 PDT 2017

On Monday, 29 May 2017 at 09:33:05 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm happy to announce that the dcompute modifications to LDC
> are now in the master branch of LDC. The dcompute extensions
> require LLVM 3.9.1 or greater for NVPTX/CUDA and my fork[1] of
> LLVM for SPIRV.
>
> Someone (sorry I've forgotten who!) at dconf said they'd make a
> docker image of the dependencies (ldc llvm), if you're reading
> please let me know! Or if someone else wants to do it thats
> good too.
>
> I'm still quite busy until July (honours thesis), but if anyone
> wanting to contribute to either the runtime stuff [2](all D),
> LDC [3] or LLVM [1](mostly C++) I'm happy to answer any
> questions, providing testing and performance feedback on
> diverse systems is also appreciated. Feel free to drop a line
> at https://gitter.im/libmir/public
>
> [1]: https://github.com/thewilsonator/llvm/tree/compute
> [2]: https://github.com/libmir/dcompute
> [3]: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc

Hi,

I would like to know :
  - what we can do with the library name "dcompute" ?
Does this means that I can wrote In Dlang a piece of code and
execute it on the GPU ?

  - where can I find some example ?

Thanks