Life in the Fast Lane (@nogc blog post)

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 19 03:13:33 PDT 2017

On 06/19/2017 12:12 AM, Dukc wrote:
> On Monday, 19 June 2017 at 00:12:25 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>> I would like to see these ideas in a blog post. It's liberating when
>> assumed problems are convinced away. :)
>
> True, but I think the very blog post we're talking about already does that.

LOL. You're right. :) I think I've been thinking more more about Adam's
observations about @nogc. I've been thinking myself that it's
unfortunate that throwing an exception makes a function no- at nogc. I know
that there are efforts towards @nogc exceptions but I think @nogc should
somehow related only to the normal operation of code. Since exceptions
are for error cases, perhaps they shouldn't have an effect on whether a
function is @nogc.

Ali