Updated Derelict Documentation

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 24 03:53:47 PDT 2017

By last Thursday night, none of the blog posts I'm waiting for
had arrived. I'm perfectly fine with that. People are busy and I
can't expect them to make the blog a priority over anything else,
so this isn't a complaint. In fact, I'm rather quite glad I had
no posts ready, because it motivated me to do something I should
have done long ago.

It's my responsibility to have a fallback ready to go when no
guests post are ready. I thought that this week it would be easy
to do. I didn't have the mental bandwidth for anything too
technical or complex, so I figured I'd do a Project Highlight on
Derelict. It's something I've been saving for a rainy day, you
might say. I've finally gotten all of the supported packages
updated to the latest version of DerelictUtil, so why not?

Then I realized that there's no way I should be publicizing the
Derelict packages while the documentation was in such an
incomplete state.

That started a process that has been filling in whatever free
time I've been able to find over the past couple of days. I've
rewritten large chunks of what was already there (generic docs on
building and using Derelict packages) and added new
package-specific documentation for DerelictGL3, DerelictGLFW3,
and DerelictSDL2.

I had hoped to get it all in decent enough shape to do the blog
post on Friday, but I didn't quite make it. It will definitely go
out on Monday, though. Still got some touching up to do and,
though I don't intend to have all of the package documentation
online by Monday, the important bits will be.

If you are a Derelict user or just interested in lending a hand,
I invite you to take a look at what's there [1]. If you find any
errors, each page has an edit link near the top (pencil icon)
that will take you to the git editor, so it's easy to submit a PR.

I'll work on it a bit more tomorrow, but I think I'm done for
today.

[1] http://derelictorg.github.io/