RedMonk language rankings June 15, 2017

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 26 03:28:41 PDT 2017

On Monday, 26 June 2017 at 10:23:05 UTC, Martin Tschierschke
wrote:
> This is only partially true, as I know from a friend, he is
> physicist @ DESY Hamburg, he is programming exactly with this
> pair of languages for data analysis.
> (Could not convince him to try D jet :-))

If the comparison was broken down into usage domains (such as
physics) then it could be quite interesting. Which languages are
popular in different field and why?

Would interesting to know something about that.

But when all usage domains are included, and only one public
source repository is taken into account, then it doesn't really
say much.