Beta 2.075.0-b1

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 29 12:17:31 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 12:27:33AM -0700, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On 6/28/2017 7:02 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> > I've been seeing occasional linker errors when compiling with
> > -dip1000 that go away when I drop -dip1000. However, I haven't had
> > the time to reduce the code sufficiently to file a bug.  Is this a
> > known issue, or should I schedule some time to reduce my code and
> > file a bug?
>
> There was a known problem with that that was corrected by Rainer. I
> don't know if this means you've found another case or not.

FYI I tried compiling with -dip1000 again on git HEAD, and it seems that
the linker errors have gone away. So probably it was the same problem.
If I see it again next time, I'll try to find some time to reduce it and
file a bug.

In theory, software is implemented according to the design that has been carefully worked out beforehand. In practice, design documents are written after the fact to describe the sorry mess that has gone on before.