DCV v0.2.0 - adaptation to the new ndslice

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 1 21:13:39 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 1 March 2017 at 21:48:27 UTC, Faux Amis wrote:
> Nice!
>
> Question, do you know of any (plans to make a) deep learning
> framework in D? (like: http://caffe.berkeleyvision.org)

I only recall a previous discussion on this thread
http://forum.dlang.org/post/iejpbjeelnubtzhozffj@forum.dlang.org

As noted on that thread, it's a lot of work, but if you're
interested in it there's no reason you can't help make
contributions of some kind or another. Rather than think about
the whole library, you could think about what would be precursors
to a good machine learning library. Integration between Mir GLAS
and Dcompute is pretty obvious as machine learning libraries are
pretty computationally intensive. Along the same lines, an
autodiff library would be very helpful. I would expect that D
would provide a good framework for building one, especially given
Ilya's success with GLAS. Machine learning libraries also make
heavy use of graphs. I see that there is a Dgraph, but the dub
page says it is still experimental. I'm sure there's a bunch of
other things that I haven't even thought of.