DConf 2017 Hotel - book now!

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 2 06:44:17 PST 2017

On 3/2/17 4:33 AM, Chris wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 02:24:50 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-5694-ibis-berlin-neukoelln/index.shtml
>>
>> Last year, some people booked late and it was full and they had to
>> stay at another hotel.
>
> Maybe someone could post a description of how to get there from the
> airport. I remember last year there was a detailed description with
> pictures etc. And beware of Berlin taxi drivers, you might get fleeced.
> Make sure they have a taxometer and that the taxi license is on display.
> If in doubt, get out!

I used the bus + train, it was quite easy. Don't remember the exact
stops, but I just used google maps to tell me the info.

I recommend before you arrive, to go into google maps on your mobile
device, and store the Berlin map as an offline area, especially if you
do not have coverage. Also, you can pre-plan your trip if you know when
your plane will arrive and figure out what the bus/train schedule is.

For those not used to the transportation system there, you buy your
ticket, and then validate it. If you don't validate your ticket, it
doesn't count. I was thrown off that nobody really ever checked my
tickets, but I guess you get into trouble if you don't have a validated
ticket.

The bus terminal had machines that allowed you to buy the ticket with
cash or credit card I believe, and the same machines validate your
ticket as well.

-Steve