Independent Study at my university using D

Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 5 18:25:41 PST 2017

On Saturday, 4 March 2017 at 16:59:05 UTC, bpr wrote:
> On Friday, 3 March 2017 at 19:00:00 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan wrote:
>> This is exciting for me because I really enjoyed the work I
>> did during the last GSoC, so I'm hoping to learn more about
>> garbage collection and contribute to D's garbage collector
>> more in the future.
>
> What's the status of that work with respect to the D main line?
> Last I checked there's this
> https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1603 which is just
> hanging.

The precise GC is going to continue to hang until it can be
tweaked to be as fast or faster than the conservative GC we have
now.

Me working on it has effectively stalled because school takes up
much of my time and I'm still pretty lacking in experience with
garbage collection. That's pretty much why I'm doing the study.