Visual D 0.44 released - VC project integration and Concord debugger extension

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 13 15:06:20 PDT 2017

On 13.03.2017 18:56, Inquie wrote:
> On Monday, 13 March 2017 at 08:12:41 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>

>> On 12.03.2017 13:09, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>> I'm glad to finally announce the release of a new version of Visual D,
>>> the Visual Studio extension for the D programming language.
>>
>> Unfortunately, a bug turned up, causing the default dmd executable
>> search path to contain a bad character.
>>
>> Here's a new version:
>> https://github.com/dlang/visuald/releases/tag/v0.44.1
>
> Small complaint here. Can the installer remember the previous install
> dir? I get tired of typing it in every time. It remembers the dmd dir
> just find(the next page).
>
> I know it's not that big a deal ;) But would make the installer
> virtually silent rather than requiring input.

As long as you don't uninstall Visual D, the path should be remembered.
I usually just install over the previous version without uninstalling
(no guarantee that this will work in the future, though).