Dont Fear the Reaper -- A gentle introduction to D's GC

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 20 20:12:24 PDT 2017

On Monday, 20 March 2017 at 21:12:08 UTC, qznc wrote:

> Whenever the GC comes up, I wonder about the "conservative"
> part. As far as I know there were attempts to make the GC
> "precise". What is the current status about that? If it is the
> subject of a future part of the series, I can wait. ;)

I would love to have a post on that in the future, but someone
else will have to write it. It's beyond my ken. The last I heard
about the precise GC was in a recent post here from Jeremy DeHaan
[1].

BTW, if anyone has anything they'd like to contribute to the GC
series, I'm more than willing to discuss it.

[1]
http://forum.dlang.org/post/tlrmxljghxcvxbyrqbup@forum.dlang.org