excel-d v0.0.1 - D API to write functions callable from Excel

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 21 04:12:26 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 at 01:12:45 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 at 00:25:46 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
> wrote:
>> On 3/20/17 4:09 PM, Atila Neves wrote:
>>> http://code.dlang.org/packages/excel-d
>>>
>>> This dub package allows D code to be called from Excel. It
>>> uses
>>> compile-time reflection to register the user's code in an XLL
>>> (a DLL
>>> loaded by Excel) so no boilerplate is necessary. Not even
>>> `DllMain`! It
>>> works like this:
>>
>> If I wanted to replace our horrifying web queries from Excel
>> with this, I'm assuming I could? That would be awesome.
>>
>> -Steve
>
> Yes - you could, provided the function is nogc.

It doesn't _have_ to be @nogc. The bindings are all allocator
aware but the wrapper doesn't currently have a way to communicate
that via the API. It's not a lot of work to add that though.

i.e. The pumbling uses allocators for everything but the
porcelain doesn't have a place where you can specify which one
you want.

Atila