excel-d v0.0.1 - D API to write functions callable from Excel

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 21 07:08:31 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 at 13:59:56 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2017-03-20 21:09, Atila Neves wrote:
>> http://code.dlang.org/packages/excel-d
>>
>> This dub package allows D code to be called from Excel. It uses
>> compile-time reflection to register the user's code in an XLL
>> (a DLL
>> loaded by Excel) so no boilerplate is necessary. Not even
>> `DllMain`! It
>> works like this:
>
> It's cool that this is possible to do in D, but I feel sorry
> for anyone that has a reason :)

It's the current year, but for the time being for many
practitioners in the investment world there is no better
alternative to using a spreadsheet as one window onto server side
processes used for certain things.  Not the only window.  I'd
personally be thrilled to say goodbye both to spreadsheets and to
Windows, but one also has to be somewhat pragmatic.

And actually it's by far better to be able to write things for
spreadsheets in D quickly versus the conceivable alternatives...!