Snap packages for DMD and DUB

via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon May 15 14:07:05 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 11 May 2017 at 22:52:54 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
wrote:
> On Thursday, 11 May 2017 at 22:30:52 UTC, Joseph Rushton
> Wakeling wrote:
>> OK, looks like `-fPIC` was missing from some of the druntime
>> and phobos build commands.  I've pushed a patch to the `dmd`
>> package definition that should fix this.
>
> Hmm, no dice.  I'll look into this further in the next days.

This should fix it: https://github.com/dlang-snaps/dmd.snap/pull/7

It seems that you added PIC on the tools repo, instead of
druntime.
I missed that too when debugging the snapcraft build myself.
Looking
at the diff without expanding it on github
(https://github.com/dlang-snaps/dmd.snap/commit/b82fb60cb33e6ed42534e36f8703f75702f2c9fb) can
be quite confusing. I came back to that file only after reading
the druntime, phobos and tools makefiles several times and
scratching my head for about an hour :D