Snap packages for DMD and DUB

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 16 12:56:56 PDT 2017

On Monday, 15 May 2017 at 21:07:05 UTC, Petar Kirov [ZombineDev]
wrote:
> This should fix it:
> https://github.com/dlang-snaps/dmd.snap/pull/7

Thanks ever so much for that.  It's really nice to have the first
not-by-me patch in that repo, especially when it comes with such
a nicely-written commit message :-)

> It seems that you added PIC on the tools repo, instead of
> druntime.
> I missed that too when debugging the snapcraft build myself.
> Looking
> at the diff without expanding it on github
> (https://github.com/dlang-snaps/dmd.snap/commit/b82fb60cb33e6ed42534e36f8703f75702f2c9fb) can
> be quite confusing. I came back to that file only after reading
> the druntime, phobos and tools makefiles several times and
> scratching my head for about an hour :D

D'oh!  Thanks again for taking that time.  I think I'm going to
hold some of the shorter-term effects of DConf responsible for
the misplaced PICs ... :-P

With your patch in the repo, the packages should be automatically
rebuilt and uploaded some time in the next hours.  I'll follow up
with an announcement here once that has happened.