Harbored-mod 0.2.1 and DYaml 0.6.1 at dlang-community

via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 16 15:47:56 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 at 22:03:17 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
> Nice, I have wait so many months until I decided to fork
> yamkeys because of d-yaml. Now I can delete it thanks. This
> makes my live easier.  This is something I want to propose many
> times, that there is something like dlang-community. Btw. is
> there some more info about it. Because I miss it somehow
>
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:46 PM, Basile B. via
> Digitalmars-d-announce < digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Following Brian Schott Announce [1] about the migration of his
>> projects to the dlang-community, I'm pleased to announce that
>> the most popular repository from Ferdinand Majerech are now
>> also hosted there.
>>
>> - D-YAML, a YAML parser and emitter for D (native D
>> implementation) is at https://github.com/dlang-community/D-YAML
>>
>> - harbored-mod, a D documentation generator based on harbored
>> is at https://github.com/dlang-community/harbored-mod
>>
>> So far we pushed the commits done in several forks and the two
>> projects are up to date, tested by TravisCI, buildable with
>> either make or DUB.
>>
>> Note about D-Yaml: People who forked D-Yaml for their projects
>> are encouraged to push their change to dlang-community and
>> give up their fork !
>>
>> [1]:
>> http://forum.dlang.org/post/abbprxuwgqlmuuwdfgmg@forum.dlang.org

AFAIK, the idea was born when we (André/stonemaster,
Sebastian/wilzbach and me) had issues with dlang-tour [0] when
DMD 2.072.0 was released and become the default on Travis-CI and
I had to fork D-YAML [1] and other project(s) in order to get my
fixes merged [2].

Sebastian:
> Maybe it's not a bad idea to have a couple of important D
> packages like this one a community namespace, s.t. it doesn't
> depend on one maintainer?

Me:
> I've also thought about that. Maybe a common github
> organization where all prominent members of the community have
> merge rights, though individual projects would still be driven
> by their authors. Similar to phobos experimental, but not tied
> to dmd releases, and with more lax requirements for entry and
> respectively a bit less guarantees.

But most importantly, Sebastian actually created the github
organization and started the discussion [4], [5].

[0]:
https://github.com/stonemaster/dlang-tour/pull/471#issuecomment-258311882
[1]: https://github.com/stonemaster/dlang-tour/pull/487
[2]: https://github.com/dlang-community/D-YAML/pull/49