"Programming in D" is up-to-date

Wulfklaue via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon May 29 15:06:25 PDT 2017

Hi Ali,

The book is great ( got it recently ) but there are some things
that may make be better.

I found the book a bit unwieldy ( hardcover ) version. With its
700+ pages, its kind of hard to take anywhere. When i take it to
work and back home, its like carrying a brick with me :)

Another issue that i noticed is that the current format makes it
impossible to extend the book. For example, 87 in memory
management the experimental unsafe memory management is not
written about.  But if you want to make follow up chapters, it
requires people to rebuy the
newer book.

Is it maybe not better to split the book into several more
smaller versions? Making it more easy to carry or extend? Like
Basic 1, Advanced 2, ...

And a last one: coloring... My vision is not exactly the best and
i noticed that colored code is much more easy to read in books.
If there the possibility for a colored ( more expensive ) version
in the future?