DCompute is now in the master branch of LDC

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon May 29 23:00:57 PDT 2017

On Monday, 29 May 2017 at 20:36:26 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> May I suggest, however, that the name DCompute is a bit
> generic, and provides no hint that it provides GPU programming
> for D.
>
> How about calling it D-GPU ? I bet you'd get a lot more clicks
> on a name like that.

For what it's worth, I see "Compute" used all the time to refer
to this stuff. OpenCL stands for Open Computing Language and
you'll see it reference "compute devices" frequently in
documentation about it. CUDA (originally) stood for Compute
Unified Device Architecture.

We're all in the business of computation but the hardware
accelerated processing people seem pretty keen on using "compute"
to describe what they do. DCompute would fit right in and its
purpose would be clear to anyone in that particular field, I
think.