DCompute is now in the master branch of LDC

Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 30 12:41:33 PDT 2017

Dne 30.5.2017 v 21:23 Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce napsal(a):

> On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 18:06:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> I fear the conversation will go like this, like it has for me:
>>
>>  N: DCompute
>>  W: What's DCompute?
>>  N: Enables GPU programming with D
>>  W: Cool!
>>
>> instead of:
>>
>>  N: D-GPU
>>  W: Cool! I can use D to program GPUs!
>
> This was literally what happened to me when I saw the headline.
Same for me. I was thinking about mir or about some big computation. I
understand, there are people who are able to match compute with GPU,
CUDA, OpenCL ..., but this does not change anything about wrong name.
It is nice to know, that there are people who will find this, but there
will be plenty of us who will not.