Faster Command Line Tools in D

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 30 14:18:42 PDT 2017

On 5/26/17 11:20 AM, John Colvin wrote:
> On Friday, 26 May 2017 at 14:41:39 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
>> I spent some time fiddling with my own manual approaches to making
>> this as fast, wasn't satisfied and so decided to try using Steven's
>> iopipe (https://github.com/schveiguy/iopipe) instead. Results were
>> excellent.
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/John-Colvin/980b11f2b7a7e23faf8dfb44bd9f1242
>
> This version also has the advantage of being (discounting any bugs in
> iopipe) correct for arbitrary unicode in all common UTF encodings.

I worked a lot on making sure this works properly. However, it's
possible that there are some lingering issues.

I also did not spend much time optimizing these paths (whereas I spent a
ton of time getting the utf8 line parsing as fast as it could be).
Partly because finding things other than utf8 in the wild is rare, and
partly because I have nothing to compare it with to know what is possible :)

-Steve